Make a donation to support Deaf Unity services and programs!
Reasons to Support Deaf Unity
- The incidence of abuse in the Deaf community is much greater than in the hearing community.
- Established in 2005, Deaf Unity is Wisconsin’s ONLY agency that provides support and resources in American Sign Language (ASL) to Deaf victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, dating violence and stalking.
- Deaf Unity works with and trains local agencies, including domestic violence shelters, law enforcement, victim advocacy, and medical staff statewide to ensure linguistically and culturally appropriate community response and support to Deaf victims.
- Deaf Unity provides community education to the Deaf Community to increase its awareness, accountability and readiness to address domestic violence and sexual assault and to support Deaf victims, regardless of their race, country of origin, culture, other disabilities, religion and beliefs, sexual orientation and socioeconomic/educational backgrounds.
- Deaf Unity is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Your donation is tax-deductible and goes a long way to supporting our programs.
Ways to Support Deaf Unity
- Make a monetary donation. Consider making it in someone else’s name as a holiday or birthday gift!
- Attend Deaf Unity events. Check the Events calendar.